Procedure to register my father's property on my wife's name


I bought a piece of land in Chennai on my father's name 5 years back as we were living abroad. We constructed a residential building on the land recently and now would like to register the entire property on my wife's name as she is India. My question is, 

1. As this is a name transfer and no money is getting transferred, can my father write a dharma pathiram on my wife's name and then register? ( Note: I do not have any siblings)

2. If yes, then how much would be the stamp paper and registration cost? The approx cost of the land is 30 lakhs and with the building would be 1 crore. Should the registration be done for the land or for the entire property?

3. If dharma pathiram is not an option, then how should I handle this.

Thanks for your suggestion.




as you don't have sibling then property will eventually be yours, why you want to transfer now, cost will be imposed


You want to transfer in the name of your wife just simply let your father make a gift deed (posseion must) or simply let your father leave a will deed after him the property will go to your wife's name.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu