Procedure to correct typographical error

Can you please advise on the procedure to correct a typographical error in a court order. In my situation, in one instance a date has an incorrect year. There are 4 other instances in the same order where it is correctly mentioned. I understand an amendment can be filed under CPC section 152, however 1) Will the order need to be reissued or will a corrigendum be issued? 2) Should the amendment be filed in the same court that issued the order?

You have to file application u/s 152 of cpc to get corrections ( typographycal or clerical ) in the same court who had passed the order.court shall re issue the order after rectification.

Thank you for your prompt reply. A couple of follow up questions

1) Is there a specific format in which the amendment needs to be filed?

2) Will the date / order number on the reissued order change or will it have the original date / order number be retained?


Advocate/ Legal Consultant

kindly take a help of advocate

You can benefit from the advice of Mr. Bhartesh Goyal.

Proceed under advice of yr LOCAL counsel.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu