Procedure to change the DOB in birth certificate


I want to know how to change the date of birth in birth certificate.

One of my friend has different date of birth in the certificates (school, college etc.) and the birth certificate. Since her DOB lies after 26-Jan-1989, birth certificate is mandatory for applying passport.

Kindly let me know, is there any ways to apply for passport without submitting birth certificate or any other ways to change the DOB in the birth certificate.


u can get a direction from court to correct the date of birth...


Firstly you have to verify on which basis the date of birth was entered in to SSC marks list.   In many states, the date of birth in the SSC marks list will be considered as proof of it.   Some times, the date of birth certificate issued by the Municipal/Local bodies willl be considered.  As such, first of all you have to verify all these points.   Later, on having proper idea of all these variations, you have to approach the jurisdiction Court of law in Civil nature submitting all the facts and to file a suit seeking directions to the concerned authorities to correct the date of birth and basing on the grounds explained, the direction will be given by the Court.   Then only, it is applicable. 



I do not have a birth certificate. I have used my SSLC certificate till now as DOB proof. Now i need my birth certificate, and i have applied for a birth certificate with the copy of SSLC . I have received reply from corporation that it is not registered yet. Please let me know how to proceed with getting a birth certificate? I am from Kerala.


In such case you need to apply for the Mandal Revenue Officer of your area informing the same fact of your unableness to get registration of your date of birth. Then on causing enqquiry, they will issue one certificate and basing on that you need to apply to Sub Collector seeking direction to issue directions to the local birth and death registrar (municipality) to register your date of birth with name.

Hi,I do have the same problem...i.e.,D.O.B in all certificates is same except DO.B. certificate issued from registrar of births and deaths...I want to change the the date in D.O.B. certificate.

In my case the reason is when i am small i have given the birth year as 1989(actually 1990) to school because every student is telling his birth year as 1989 and i dont know the exact year of my birth at that i simply told 1989..

Now can you please elaborate what is the detailed process.??what are the 'facts' that i have to submit??


Its better to cause enquiries in your Local Revenue authoriteis. But, it may be a difficult for you to get changed your date of birth now, since a suspecion may arouse as to change of date of birth at this juncture.  Even though, it is better to get enquiries with your local authoriteis and basing on the discussions, a solution can be found at some times.


Dear Sir,

I want to know how to change the date of birth in SSC certificate becoz when i was joined in 6th class(with School TC)my DOB was 1979yr but I got the SSC certificate with DOB 1977 passed year 1994.

Pls let me know the procedure to follow to change the Date of Birth in SSC certificate.

Thanks & Regards,



Dear SIr,

My date of birth is 19/08/1990 in my all certificates, voter id card, driving licence, ration card and bank passbooks, But in DOB certificate my dob is 19/10/1990 istead of 19/08/1990. I want to change my dob in my DOB Certificate. Is there any ways to change it. Kindly help me.

Thanking you.

Vijay Bhaskar


MR AKA is correct, it appears he has good experience in this procedure and field.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu