Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dharmesh (Web Developer)     23 September 2014

Procedure of adding my dad's name on 7/12

Hi All,

Thanks for reading my post.

I am here to seek some advice on adding my Dad's name on 7/12.

We have a land and the Landload is my uncle who lives abroad since 1952. There are three other people in my village shares the same name as my uncle and now they claim that this land belongs to them.

We have obtained the Power of Attorney from my uncle. Therefore my Dad can carry out all the legal procedures on behalf of my uncle according to Power of Attorney. We have spoken to one of the Legal advisor and he said that it will not be possible to add my Dad's name on 7/12 to differentiate the owner. We have all the documents to prove that this is our land and the opposition doesn't have anything. But still we are unable to do this.

Any suggestion would be great help. Thank you all in advance.

Dharmesh

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     23 September 2014

Since the land is in the name of your uncle, you uncle has to execute registered sale deed in your father name.  Then you can enter your father name in 7/12. 

As far as the persons having the same name as your uncle, they cannot claim so easily. If they claiming that it is their own land, you can file an eviction petition before the civil court against the wrongly claiming persons along with damages.  You can also file a criminal case against them.  For detailed opinion you can call me 7893011777 or ravinder2345@gmail.com.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 September 2014

It is very simple, the name of a owner will appear in 7/12, your father is not a owner, so no chance to get his name included in it.  If he is so much interested in getting the property on his name, he has to get a gift deed executed in his favor by the owner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register