Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anon (Annon)     20 May 2011

Procedure for Getting a decree for change of name

Hello,

Can any one please eloberate on the process of getting a decree by a court to correct name /Date of Birth/Father's Name in S.S.L.C/10th/12th/2nd P.U.C/Degree marks card (certain universities in karnataka require a decree). Should i go talk to an advocate/ should i go the civil court directly , what are the documents that are needed for each case. I have a requirement of correcting my name and correcting my fathers name (for diffrent marks cards) both of which are omission of letters.

Thanks,

A

Learning

6 Replies

hanumanthe gowda (Lecturer/advocate)     20 July 2011

Mr.Anon

If you want to change your name /Date of Birth/Father's Name/caste in S.S.L.C/10th/12th/2nd P.U.C/Degree marks card  is to obtain a decree from the competent court of law. the procedure is if you file an application before the concerned school/college authorities they will give you an endorsement stating to obtain a decree, on the basis of that you have to issue notice to the school/college & Govt authority giving them 60days period for rectification of mistake. if they rectify you have to pay concerned fees to get the changed copy or you have to file a civil suit seeking declaration against the authorities & get a decree, after that you have to submit the certified copy of the decree to effectuate changes in the records from the boards

1 Like

Anon (Annon)     23 July 2011

Mr hanumanthe gowda,

Thank you for the reply,

Have a nice day

anon

Daniel (Personal)     15 February 2013

Hanumanthe Gowda,

I would like to get Get decree for change of name for this i have already approached one senior lawyer but he has wasted my time almost 1 year and has taken money and has not given even half amount back.

So would you please guide me is there any lawyer from bangalore who can be trusted and who is expert in getting decree of name chane in shot time please share his contact details.

How much minimum time will it take to get decree for change of name

Regards,

Daniel

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     28 February 2013

It will take around 4 to 6 months, to geta decree.

You can contact me in this regard, as i practice in bangalore.

srishaila,bangalore,advocate,9741425514,sdharani120@gmail.com

D Musthaffa   25 July 2015

Hello Sir, I want to change my full name in my all certificates (10th,12th,graduation) is it possible ? i had gone to JAC and i asked them for changing my full what should i do.... they said u cant change your full name.... your name will be the same as your registration slip.... anyone can help me in this case ?

D Musthaffa   25 July 2015

Hello Sir,

I want to change my name in SSLC certificates is it possible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register