LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     20 August 2015

Police Choice - Hierarchy Secret

First, understand the POLICE PSYCHOLOGY.

NOT GENERALIZING...BUT USUALLY, FOR A LARGE PART, THIS IS WHAT IS OBSERVED, in the Cities.

Rural Police follow similar methods. That is what I have heard, being spoken of them, by retired police officers.

Earlier, the police went by one rule- Strictly follow the instructions of the Seniors.

Now, times have changed.

With the hafthaas being reported openly by the politicians and government officials and citizens, the police openly but silently have announced their jurisdictional clout.

“ Yes, This is my area, here our police station is the supreme security and we are the Kings. “

So, in such a scenario, if you raise your voice, do not expect temple bells to ring and treat you like a VIP.

This is the mistake every single husband/ wife and their friends/ family do, when they go the police station.

You must first understand how that wing works.

Sentry prefers to take instructions from long-term tenured Constable

Constable prefers to bypass the head-constable and take instructions from the ASI ( Asst.Sub-Inspector )

Head Constable prefers to ignore the ASI and take instructions from the S.I ( Sub-Inspector )

ASI prefers to ignore the S.I. and take instructions from the Inspector of Police.

Inspector prefers to bypass the ACP ( Asst.Commissioner of Police ) and co-ordinate directly with the DCP ( Deputy Commissioner of Police )

ACP prefers to ignore the DCP and interact with the Addl.CoP, Jt.CoP and the office staff at the CoP.

DCP is the IPS officer and usually the DCP sticks to the instructions sent by the Commissioner of Police.

But the DCP usually is more interested in interacting with the local Politicians.

CoP office prefers to interact with the Home Ministry and as a formality interacts with the IGP and DGP.

The DGP and IGP prefer to interact with the Chief Secretary and the CM ( Chief Minister ) directly.

So, this is how the psychology works.

So, now you work your brain and design your own method of approaching this force which is based heavily and deeply on the hierarchy model ( I am your senior..you listen to what I say...I know your senior...If you do not give what I ask for, I will bypass you and go there. )

Learning

2 Replies

Bhandari Raju   20 August 2015

r, whre can we use this knowledge. thanks can it help figt false cases

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     20 August 2015

@ Bhandari Raju

This is not for false case, but to know the psychology of the Police who are part of the law and order wing.

But YES, if you know the psychology, you will know how to BEHAVE AT THE POLICE STATION AND HOW TO HANDLE YOUR LIFE-MATTER IN A DELICATE WAY AND HOW TO ENSURE THAT YOU DO NOT COMPLICATE YOUR OWN SITUATION IN LIFE, BY triggering the wrong side of the police who can give you PAINFUL PAIN for a temporary period of time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register