Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Geeta (xyz)     18 January 2014

Please help me to get my marriage certificate

Thanks for reading my question

As i got married in 20 june 2013 in rameshwaram (tamil nadu )..now i settled in chennai ...can i get my marriage certificate from chennai..

if is it possible to get certificate from chennai...and also tell me if any other charges i have to paid as a fine for getting certificate...

please give detail procedure for receiving my marriage certificate

Thanking you 

Learning

2 Replies

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     18 January 2014

Ms. Geeta

As per law there is no bar to get marriage certificate from chennai. the only thing you have to prove before marriage registrar that either you or your husband is a resident of chennai from last 6 months.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     19 January 2014

Geeta you can registered your marriage in sub registrar office chennai and get the marriage certificate from the same office with in ten days , for that you have to fill an application form you can get the marriage registration form from the vendor in the court premisis fill it give full information in it attach your and your husband photo in the application form , witnesses it by two witness with their id proof and complete address , and attach the requisite documents with it like id of you both husband and wife , marriage card , residence proof any one of them (aadhar card/rational card/rent agreement etc...) , and take your application and to the sub registrar he will check it if he found o.k. all the documents are complete then he put his signature on it keep original document with you to show him while he checks your application form , then go to that window where registration process is going on with your husband and with two witness , here your photograph, thumb impression will be taken and here you have to pay the fee for your marriage registration to the concern person and then you will get the receipt of your paid fee ,they will tell you the date to collect your marriage certificate, better you take Services of a local lawyer he will do all work efficiently .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register