Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sindhur.cs (IPR consultant)     28 September 2013

Please guide me!

Hello all,

I am sindhur, from Bangalore. I am a law graduate having 2 yrs exp in legal field. one year back i completed my PGD in IPR and Patent Management course which is 9 months full time program from one of the reputed Institute by paying INR 2,50, 000 as course fee and learnt patent searches, patent drafting, US, UK, PCT,Indian filing and prosecution. After my completion of my internship with one of the IPR law firm, they have asked me to continue as a freelancer and allotted many projects on Indian Patent drafting, searches that is currently published before patent office,Chennai. As long as the firm had projects they used to allot the work to me. Now since 9 months i am jobless and have been applying to all IPR law firms at Bangalore, they are not considering my profile bcoz of my non technical background. when i apply to other law firms and LPO's, even they are also rejecting my application bcoz of my IPR background.

Here, my question is though i am skilled in both IPR and legal drafting part, why law firms are not considering my job application? Pls any one help me to find a better job which is relevant to my profile.

Thanks

Sindhur

Learning

1 Replies

subramanian (consultant)     02 October 2013

Dear sindhur

normally a person who is a science graduate.or an enginnering graduate or having masters degree in science is capable of handling patent matters as patents relate to science and tecnology.This is the reason why law firms prefer these type of people.You can concentrate on handling of trademarks, designs and copyright matters.as you have done acourse onIPR.

T.R.Subramanian.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register