Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkat Narayan (Developer)     06 February 2013

Pil against government for not responding to e-mails

Hi

The Kerala state government departments have hosted their websites on the NIC servers of the India government. Most of them have displayed the E-mail IDs and phone numbers of the Ministers and their Private secretaries.

Unfortunately, any number of E-mails sent to these officials, they don't care to respond. On contacted over phone, the Ministers themselves are asking me to fax my grievance rather than send by E-mail. They are still holding onto the Fax culture while the whole world is moving on to the paperless communication.

I have been sending various mails to the Home department, the State Information commisioners. Not once have they cared to respond or acknowledge.

On the other hand, the Banking Ombudsman of Tamilnadu have helped me to resolve a serious issue with Corporation Bank, where all the communication was via E-mail.

Is there a possibility that a Public Interest Litigation on this issue might be accepted  and a favourable judgement be enacted by the Honourable court ?

If so, may I be advised as to the formalities to be undertaken by me in the capacity of a civilian citizen of India?

Btw, Tamilnadu governement departments fare much better in responding and acting on grievances sent via Email.

Learning

2 Replies

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     07 February 2013

Internet facilkities are still in egg shell for  majority of Govt . areas NIC

Venkat Narayan (Developer)     07 February 2013

Hi Mr. Shroff

It is not about the facilities, those are there already. The departments are connected by high speed broadband too. Even the local Police stations are  permanently connected by broadband. It is an attitude problem, or pure defiance. A reply for an E-mail sent to the ID "minister-home@kerala.gov.in", surely does reach the Mail box, It is only that the concerned Secretaries wouldn't care to check the mails. A rudimentary facility of Auto reponding to Mails, acknowledging the reciept, is not difficult to be setup.

Regarding the said grievance via E-mail, eventually I got a reply by post some eight months later, from 3 offices, after complaining to Helpline of President of India.

So much wastage on paper, postal charges and the prolonged time of response. Heart aches apart on contacting the offcials by phone.

Is there a scope for a litigation in this matter, if I can bring in the proofs of the Mails sent and delivered?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register