LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harsh (manager)     15 May 2014

Pil, against central govt. seventh pay commision

Notes on the following website, https://www.cccindia.co/corecentre/Database/Docs/DocFiles/faq011.htm were quite informative for PIL, clarifying all aspects for an individual like me, therefore I am writing here to invoke experts,for further clarification of my doubts, inwards your advice and action to invoke an PIL in and against Central Govt. Seventh pay commission, which would create a huge difference of impartiality among self working individual's,especially common man, and govt. employee in itself, resulting in huge inflation just because of an fact,disbursement of huge salary in corporation, cooperative,etc thus they need more revenue based opportunities,executing huge inflation for there products apart from govt. subsidy and thus affecting basic necessities for livelihood.

Govt. do provide subsidies, but that counts in for country's deficit, for example if I increase salary of a person who assist me in my shop, needless of the fact, I have to increase my margins, to meet the said operating expenses, unexpectedly the sufferings would be passed to common man.

I contend to my belief, that most of daily life utility would be escalated to such an height, that would be far off from common man like us, likewise electricity prices per unit would be 19 Rs per unit, after Implementation of the new pay commission.

Moreover, Mile prices which inching towards Rs 100, with marginal increment of Rs 1 or 2, on a monthly review policy of operating cost. Further Fuel prices would be near about 130-110 (Petrol-diesel) per liter.

I hope to initiate few of you, to lodge an PIL, in wide interest of common man and his sufferings, against this odd decision which is partial and favorable for few only.

Experts, Solicitors over here I need your comments.

Learning

4 Replies

Vinay K Kulkarni   10 December 2015

­­­From:

Vinay Kulkarni

C/o D. Shantilal Jain & Co

Chartered Accountants

Opp: Sushurta Hospital

2nd Floor, Akalwadi Mansion

Vidyanagar, Hubli-580021

E-mail vinayk74@rediffmail.com

To,

The Chief Justice of India

New Delhi

Respected Sir

Sub: VII th Pay Commission and financial indiscipline

With reference to above subject, we the common people of India are pained by the fact that, we have been taken for ride over the years. We are telling this in the context of VII th pay commission constituted by the Government of India. The Government is once again ready to increase its’ employees salary without going into the merits of the same. Our humble question is who is going to bear the brunt? What benefits, such as by way of improved services, we got by virtue of implementation of earlier pay commission recommendations? Instead of acting as a trustee of public money, the government is squandering it on wasteful revenue expenditures. I am herewith enclosing letter in this regard narrating how this will affect public at large. Please spare some time go through the same. I earnestly seek the intervention of the highest court of the land in this matter. Our humble prayer is

1. To ask the government not to implement the seventh pay commission’s recommendations and
  2. Direct the Government of India to constitute a commission to look  into the wasteful revenue expenditures such as salaries, foreign travel etc and implement the same within the specified time.

Please look into the matter and do the needful.

Yours Faithfully

Place: Hubli

Date: 19/11/2015                                                  (Vinay Kulkarni)     

C/o D. Shantilal Jain & Co.

Chartered Accountants

Coen Road, Hubli-580020

St: Karnataka

Mail: vinayk74@rediffmail.com

Mobile: 9880057827

To,                        

Their Lordships

The Supreme Court of India

New Delhi

Respected Sir,

Sub: Public Interest Litigation. Regarding

Ref: Seventh Pay Commission constituted by The Government of India.

As a citizen of India, more popularly known as Common Man, we wish to bring to your kind notice the following:

Government of India, which exists in letter for the welfare of COMMON MAN, has constituted seventh pay commission. The commission is expected to give its recommendations by the end of September 2015. The impact of the same on Government finances is not yet quantifiable. However it will be a fact that the burden of seventh pay commission will be heavy one. In such situation as a common man our worry is who is going to pay for this? As it is Governments revenue deficit is Rs. 3,94,942.02 crores ( Budget Estimates 2015-16. Indiabudget.nic.in) which is 71.07% of fiscal deficit of Rs.5,55,649 crores. (Budget Estimates 2015-16. Indiabudget.nic.in) This means govt is borrowing to meet its revenue expenditures and not to build assets. As per Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003, revenue deficit should have been 0(Zero) by the end of financial year 2008-09 itself.

1                                                                           PTO

As a common man still we are grappling with, why sixth  pay commission recommended such a huge hike in salary across the board without going into the merits and contributions made by the recipients of the bonanza to the economy and society as a whole.  14th pay commission has observed in its report dated 24/02/2015 on this as follows

“As a result of recommendations of sixth pay commission, pay and allowances of the Union Government Employees more than doubled between 2007-08 and 2011-12 from Rs.74,647/- crores to Rs.1,66,792 crores.” And this does not include, in our understanding, the Grant Given to UGC, salaries of Government Companies etc. My lord, Governments’ financial position is under severe stress. In such situation it is totally unwarranted to appoint Seventh Pay Commission. Infact, Government should have appointed a commission to look into wasteful revenue expenditure for eliminating the same.    

We are not against increasing the salary. But it should be within the limits of Government revenue. Common Man should not be forced to pay for it through raise in indirect tax rates or by any other mode. Whatever may be the Governments’ Financial position; we are not against raising the salary of defence and police personnel i.e who are providing us external security and internal security.

As a matter of common sense, revenue/ fiscal deficit will fuel the inflation. Inflation will make the life of majority of Indians miserable one. Instead of fuelling the inflation, the Government should live within its means. Otherwise, we the common people of India will be watching the cruel joke heaped on us by way of increased taxes for pleasure of bubus/ministers etc through their salary hike, allowances, retirement benefits, foreign trips etc. Increased taxes coupled with inflation will be too heavy for common man to bear. Your honour we wish to bring to your kind notice the following fact:

Total strength of central govt employees as per 2011 census is 31.16 lakhs. (as per All India RMS and MMS Employees Union Group ‘C’ data). And The Indian Express dated 09/12/2014 reports that, 43 percent of government employees don’t have perks of government job. Former expenditure secretary in Finance Ministry and architect of sixth pay commission, Sushma Nath, said fiscal deficit constraints were one of the reasons why state governments increased their temporary staff strength. The combined reading of both suggests that, the Government itself is admitting that, it cannot afford to pay the salary what it is paying now, hence resorting to temporary staff recruitment. Moreover such salary increase will benefit only 34 million (approximately) central government workers who are on roll at the cost of majority people.

In such situation our question is why Seventh Pay Commission? Is it for common man? Or common man has to pay for it knowingly or unknowingly?

2                                                                             PTO

Kindly treat this application as Public Interest Litigation and do the needful. Our humble prayer to their lordships is

1. to ask the government not to implement the seventh pay commissions’ recommendations and
  2.  direct the Government of India to constitute a commission to look into wasteful revenue expenditures and reduce the same by reducing such expenditures as hefty salary other allowances and disproportionate pension allowances, foreign trips etc paid across the board  and implement such reduction within the specified time frame.

Thank You

Date: 28/04/2015

Vinay Kulkarni.

Place: Hubli                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Petitioner

To
All the fellow common men/women,
Sub: VII th Pay Commission and it’s impact

“ Budget is the annual ritual of taxing the people with new taxes just to maintain the most 
hopeless and useless bureaucracy “ – Sri Nani Palkhivala.

The above statement becomes all the more a reality (nightmare?) after 
the seventh pay commission recommendations. Going by the definition of ‘Growth’ and 
‘Development’ as being implemented by the successive governments it has become synonymous to 
‘spending’ and ‘consumerism’. 

The additional amount to be spent on salaries and pensions of central government employees is 
Rs,1.03 lakh crores. But remember we have to pay for it. We have written a letter to Hon’ble 
supreme Court expressing our strong disapproval to the vii th pay commission and requested the 
court to treat our letter as PIL. The whole government machinery, with few exceptions, has 
become insensitive to the common mans’ plight. Hence I request all of you to write to Hon’ble 
supreme court, requesting for it’s timely intervention in this matter. Please get into action 
before it is too late. The letters may be addressed to the following address. Please write on 
the envelop "PIL against VIIth Pay Commission Recommendations" Also forward this mail to your 
friends.

‘ The Hon’ble Chief Justice of India
Public Interest Litigation Cell
Tilak Marg, New Delhi- 110201’

I am herewith furnishing the letter written to the Hon’ble supreme court along with 
annexures.
Thank You
Regards
Vinay Kulkarni, Hubli-580020. 
(M)9880057827

1 Like

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     27 January 2016

I support the opposition fully, fully.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More