LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Penalty issues for not serving notice period

Hi , I joined a company in feb 2014 and the company was not pvt ltd that time. It was a partnership firm. When I joined they made an agreement with us in a company letter head. It became pvt ltd in Nov 2014. And they enforced us to sign with the new agreement paper i.e with pvt ltd . And the joining shown as 1st Dec 2014.  The second agreement is also in company letter head. 

In second agreement , the notice period thing is missing . [[[[[  In first agreement , it was two months of notice period , for not serving the same we have to pay fixed cost Rs 20000 which includes Rs 15000 training cost and then twp months of salary ]]]  ]And it is written(In second agreement) only  , whenever you break the service agreement period , you have to pay Rs 20000 which includes Rs 15,000 training cost and two months of salary. In entire agreement paper , the service agreemnet period is undefined. 

When I resigned in this month of june 2015, I asked them to serve for one month notice period as in agreement (I considerd my first agreement paper , was not aware it is not included in second agreement) and to pay the penalty for next 30 days. However they denied the same and told either I have to pay or to serve the notice period.

I asked them to consider june 16 as my last day on june 17 as I could not attend my duties because of my illness . I have some company assets that I want to return them but they are refusing to give me the clearance.

My Problem :  I am ready to pay my penalty of my next two months of salary , but the 20,000 that includes rs 15000 as training cost., I don't want to pay.  I am working for the same company for 1.5 year and now they ar asking me to return the training cost.

The company has sent me a legal notice stating to give the penalty else they will give take civil / criminal action against me . In notice , they showed my joining as per second agreement i.e Dec 2014 month. 

To mention : They have not given any training in Dec 2014 . In second agreement they mentioned they have trained me upto 4 weeks.

Can Anybody help me which steps should I take ?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More