LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ZJ   28 July 2018

Passport issue

I have two questions regarding passport verification. I hope my queries get answered. 1. My father used to work for a PSU company. He has just retired last month. I was born here and lived all my life here. So, in my passport application I have given my present address as permanent address as well because I had this perception that where you live for a very long time, it becomes your permanent address. But now, after reading so many police verifications failed because of error in address for so many people, I am in panic mode. Am I in trouble because of this? Will they fine me for this? 2. I have applied for passport. I have been living at my present address from last 11 years. The current address is my father's company quarter. Now that he has retired and we will be leaving this house in 3 months. If police come to know that I would leave my current address in 3 months, will they unapprove my verification? How to tackle it? All of my documents including Aadhar, PAN, SBI passbook were issued here and have this address itself. Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 July 2018

Do not assume things and get frightened unnecessarily.  Most of the times our fears may not be real also.  Inform to PPO and to Police also that due to your father's retirement you will be moving to such and such address, and enclose his retirement letter or notice for vacation of quarters.   The authorities only want that persons should not purposefully provide incorrect address to dodge the police complaints against them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register