Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajiv (self employed)     11 November 2014

P.o box address on power of attorney document?

Hello sir, I need to authorize a friend on mine in India with a 'Power of Attorney' to represent me in taking care of my immovable assets and to attend the court as my representative for some legal matters in court. I live abroad and can I have my P.O box address on the Power of Attorney document? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Learning

2 Replies

Majeed KM (Lawyer)     11 November 2014

Dear friend,

Noted your query about the PO Box address on power of attorney. It seems usually the people working abroad using their or their company's ( employer's) PO Box as their address. Normally the residential address will be changing from time to time, especially those who are working in Gulf countries. Therefore if the PO Box is your personal or of your employer, you can use as your address in such documents. It is a generally accepted procedure using the PO Box in official documents also.

Best regards

MAJEED KM

Legal Consultant 

Abu Dhabi

majeed@lawyer.com

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2014

The procedure for executing a power of attorney deed in favor of your power agent residing in India while you reside in abroad is totally different to that of the one being executed by a principal residing in India to a person he desires to appoint him as his power agent in the local, hope you know that  (?), so this is the criteria for executing the power of attorney deed and not the address.  The address mentioned in your deed should be proper in your point of view so that you may not miss out any communication or information which might be sent to you at a later stage in the event of any circumstance that may arise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register