Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sai ram (Analysts )     05 May 2015

Owner/tenant disputes

Hello, 

i need little information on tenant act, we rented a flat for Rs.12k per month and paid two months advance! Now we failed to pay last months rent and I said owner that "ll pay the last month and the current months rent now.but, he's not listening patiently and asking us to vacate immediately in 24hours and no need to pay the balance rent, that he will catch that from advance which we gave. I agreed for that and asked at least 6days  time to vacate the premises and we will pay the 6days rent too.but, he's not caring and listening us and pushing us to vacate in 12-24hours! I don't what to do...does owner has right to vacate the tenants on any second when they failed to pay one month rent?

Learning

6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     05 May 2015

have you signed any leave and licence agreement with the owner.if so is there any clause that says about default of rent.if not only if there is a default in rent by  continuous three months it becomes a reason for eviction and another thing is 24 hours is too short time to vacate.you can refuse to vacate if you are not given enough time and let him take action legally.nowadays police are not supposed to interfere in these civil matters and the owner got to take this issue to the rent control tribunal only

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply,

No, we don't have any agreement.He is not even proceeding in a legal way.He's forcing us and warning us that he'll send security guys to vacate.so, better leave on your own!what is the minimum time can a tenant get to vacate premises in such cases?

Dear Sarvanan,

Thanks for your suggession. what if land lord use some force to vacate us ?What kind of force he can use? I believe he has to use only the legal force. I clearly told him that, I'm ready to move out and I don't have any intention to create him a problem. I'm requesting him to give me more time.that too only 6-7days.What is the minimum time can a tenant get to vacate premises in such cases?

if he uses some force you can lodge a complaint with the police.he cant resort to any illegal method to vacate you.if he threatens you just file an nc with the police station.

if he uses some force you can lodge a complaint with the police.he cant resort to any illegal method to vacate you.if he threatens you just file an nc with the police station.

Dear Sarvanan.s, Thanks for the suggestion! What is the minimum time can a tenant get to vacate the premises in such cases?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More