LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gurmeet Singh (abc)     24 October 2013

Opinion/suggestion needed

There is a case under sec 420, 406 against directors of a private limited co. Firstly police arrested one director and kept case pending u/s 173(8) against other director. The director who got arrested 1st was acquitted by the trial court and police arrested other director after around 3.5 months after the acquittal of 1st director. I just want to know if one director is acquitted the other director is also considered acquitted because case against a director means a case against the company itself and as per sec 300 on entity or person cannot be tried for twice for same offence. Kindly suggest me what to do because the other director is still under judicial custody for almost a year and bail is rejected twice by trial n session court and it is pending in Jaipur high court. Kindly suggest some quick remedy for it.

Learning

4 Replies

Kolla V. Raman (Founder Chairman of Global Lgal Services)     24 October 2013

Under companies Act, 1956 section 5 officer in charge is important. In the absence of appointment of officer in charge either M.D. or Chairman, any one of the Directors as office in charge all the Directors are liable to be prosecuted. One Director is prosecuted under Section 406, 420 I.P.C. and after acquitted another Director has been prosecuted you file quash proceedings under Section 480 Cr.P.C. stating law  Section 3 of the Companies Act, 1956,  Article 20 (2) of the Constitution of India will help you and you also mention that first Director was arrested prosecuted acquitted .  contact  Global Legal Services, Mobile: 9290673693,  Email: globallegalservicesindia@gmail.com

Gurmeet Singh (abc)     24 October 2013

What is difference between sec 480 & 482 of CrPc,  and can I file quashing in session court because it takes lods of time in high court

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 October 2013

An application for quash will be entertained by high court 

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     25 October 2013

read the section 480 & 482 of Crpc for clerify your doubt.

file a quashing petition before HC u/s 482 of Cr.PC

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register