Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wilma Sequeira   04 June 2016

Online fraud - need to know on indemnity bond

Hi,

I am a victim of online fraud - Someone claiming to be in US Army on LinkedIn became friend for the last 1 year and in March showed interest to come to India and her incharge Major General wanted me to deposte US$1200, though I grew suspecious still depostited to the Indian a/c no (as I was unable to transfer amount to the US a/c no given) and later on i realised that its fraud (many have written such things on facebook also) and the recipient didnt immediately withdrew the amount, I put a hold on the a/c and approached the local police in Shimoga & Dimapur.

When Dimapur Commissioner of Police visited the place/address as given by the a/c holder while opening the a/c was a fake address and he told me to get my amount he advised that  i getindeminity bond and send it along with receipts to the Dimapur branch. when I contacted the bank manager in Shimoga he didnt help me.

Could someone send me a format of the Indemnity bond in this case.

Thanks

Wilma

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 June 2016

What indemnity bond in this case?

The bank and banker has to see original KYC docs and obtain copies for opening an a/c.

Is bank at fault?

If the fraudster opened the a/c recently obtain CCTV footage and ask police to catch the fraudster.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More