Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Supratim Paul (E)     18 July 2015

Occupancy certificate clause in construction agreement

Hello Sir,

I would require one legal suggestion. I am in the process of purchase of apartments. The OC is must before you take pocession. The link below is the details related to OC and BY laws of Bangalore.

OC details. 

I want to ensure that OC clause is included and builder includes in the agreement. For which I has discussion with the builder and the builder has shared me the clause for OC. Is that sufficient.

The date stipulated for the delivery of the Schedule “C” Apartment is subject to variation on account of force majeure or acts of God or Government Orders/Restriction/Controls and other reasons which are beyond the control of the First Party. The First Party shall obtain Occupation Certificate, electrical, sanitary, water and pollution connections/clearances within the stipulated date, however the First Party shall not be responsible for delays in obtaining such connections from Statutory Authorities. The Second Party shall not be entitled to claim any damages/losses against the First Party under any circumstances on the ground mentioned herein;

Is the clause proper or the builder is taking me for a ride. Please clarify. Do we need to add any thing else so that the buyer is safeguarged.

Please clarify me on that. THis is with regard to Karnataka.

Supratim.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register