LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj   16 May 2017

Obc nc status

Dear Sir/Ma'am, I applied for SSC CGL under OBC NC category. The certificate was made in october 2016. According to the memorandum in NCBC website, A person is considered in creamy layer if the parent's income is greater than 6 lac pa for 3 consecutive years. My parents income was below 6 lac pa in 2014-15 and 2015-16 but in 2016-17 it was 10 lac pa. My question is, will they accept my candidature as OBC NC or will they reject me straight away? My document verification is done and hoping to get a post this year. How will the concerned department verify my OBC NC candidature because at present my parent's income is greater than 6 lac pa but it was below 6 lac pa in 2 out of 3 years of the given time duration for OBC NC status.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 May 2017

Congratulations. If your father is earning 10 lakhs per annum, why do you still want to call  backward and demean yourself?  Prime Minister Modi asked people to give up LP gas subsidy in favour of less fortunate people. You give up your backwardness in favour of poorer OBC's. Your father will earn even more in the coming years. 10 lakhs is a hell of a lot of money.

Manoj   22 May 2017

Thank you for your quick response sir. I just wanted to know my OBC status constitutionally. I dont want to do anything which is legally wrong.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register