Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ialsoexisit (university)     23 July 2017

Nre account held by housewife with name of working husband

Dear Members of the Forum,

Dr. XX is a doctow working, abroad, when he sent Signed Application form through WIFE who is on dependant pass and no source of income as she is a house wife, to open an JOINT non-resident external (NRE) account. InstEAd of opening joint NRE account, WIFE has opened an individual account WILFULLY to as 1st applicant her mother (resident indian), both first 1st and 2nd applicant have signed the application.

Mr. XX name was mentioned as any other family member, and there is no signature of Mr. XX on account opening form.

Address of NRI, 1st applicant is work place of her Husband i.e company he works abroad, her occupation written in the account opening form is HOUSE WIFE. She has not declared any source of income earned abroad.

Mr. XX came to know of the cheating, he filed an injunction suit, and recovery case along, divorce petition on grounds of cruelty and desertion.

I ask the opinion from the members here, on the following items,

1) Who can open an NRE account?

2) Can housewife, no job/income, on dependent pass open NRE account, without her husband's name? What are the RBI guidelines on this?

3) Is the bank at fault giving an account to housewife, in the said case above.

Await for the suggestion from esteemed members.

Regards

Mr. XXX

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Do you have any special concern with the case?

ialsoexisit (university)     29 July 2017

yes, i am concerned, because, there is a divorce case, 498a csse pending

(Guest)

Divorce case with you or with some one else?

ialsoexisit (university)     30 July 2017

Divorce case on my wife, she has opened a fraud NRE account and also filed 498a against me n family,

(Guest)

For opening of false NRE account, the concerned bank can squarely be held responsible for helping opeing of account against the norms of the RBI.

However, if you know about fraudulent transactions in that NRE account, that has no direct concern with your divorce case. You can take up the matter by filing a separate report to the crime branch of the Police or the Enforcement Directorate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register