LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akash (Software Engineer)     01 November 2014

Not having release letter from prev. employer

I worked in a small IT Company in Ahmedabad. I worked for 1.5 years there.

I gave resignation and started serving notice period which was of 30 days. The company refused to encash my unused paid leaves.

The leave encashment was not documented anywhere in the offer letter. However, to few employees(not me) the employer committed to encash their leaves. So, technically I was not entitled to have my paid leaves encashed.

I took a rash decision and left the company after serving 8-9 days of notice period.

The company now refuses to give me a release letter. However, he is ready to give me the salary slips. I have my resignation email to which the employer has replied saying "your resignation is accepted".

I do NOT see any chance of getting the release letter from that employer as he was very desperate for not giving the release letter. 

In this scenario, what should I do ? 

Is there any law so that I can get the document ? If not, what are its future consequences ? Will I face problems in future and how severe they would be ?

Learning

1 Replies

Vickey Seerapu (Lawyer)     05 November 2014

First collect the salary slip as evidence. Consult an advocate through him send a legal notice. If they not reply serve another notice. With the evidence of proof like joinig order, salary slip and legal notice file case in consumer court. You can get your rel. orders.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register