LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yogesh   10 August 2016

Not able to pay my credit card dues

Hi, Am using 4 different credit cards for the last 10 years, for the last 6 months i would not pay dues on all cards because am job less and looking for a job every day am getting calls from bank & collection agency i have told the reason but still their are torching for the payment & i have got 2 times notice from the lawyer saying to settle them out of the court are they will file case against me because of this my cibil score also gone for a toss, the are saying that they will be sending recovery guys & take all the moveable things from my home, his it possible, pls help me what should i do now & am not in the possession to pay my dues.

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 August 2016

Recovery agents can not pick up movable items or misbehave or use force. Record all such calls, visits. You have borrowed, you should pay. If you have no income, don't spend and don't borrow.

yogesh   10 August 2016

Thanks for the reply kumarji, pls do advice what should i do now because of this calls & guys from collection are visting home regularly, should i launch a police complaint & see a lawyer. are what should i do next to close the issue.

yogesh   10 August 2016

Thanks for the reply kumarji, pls do advice what should i do now because of this calls & guys from collection are visting home regularly, should i launch a police complaint & see a lawyer. are what should i do next to close the issue.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     10 August 2016

file injunction suit against the Bank which has issued card for temporary relief. Meanwhile try to gather some funds to clear the dues.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 August 2016

There are many threads on recovery agents at LCI alone that you can pursue..................at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/search_results_custom.asp?dir=forum&q=harassment+by+icici+bank+recovery+agents&B1=GO#.VnQiNV5-jMo

e.g:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp

Meet a lawyer specializing in such, consumer  and criminal cases.

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     11 August 2016

File a suit for perpetual injunction against the bank and their recover agents. Even if you default in paying them,they cannot take the law into their own hands.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register