LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Christmas 79 (Nil)     16 January 2013

Non reciept of rent agreement from broker

I wanted to know what actions I can take against an agency/broker who has avoided handed over the agreement. I own a 1BHK in Andheri and it had to be given on rent.What happened is that my earlier tenants vacated the premises in 6 months time (earlier than the stipulated 11 months) and the next broker I got in touch with agreed to get me new tenants without charging me the brokerage. We got the agreement registered on 26.12.12 but due to the yearend, I was told that the agreement will be handed over to be by 10.01.13. The agreement between me and the tenant was to start on the 01.01.13 so the keys were handed over to the tenant and the rent + deposit money were handed to me with a little bit of resistance from the tenant. Now on the 10th the agents told me I'd get the agreement on the 12th, and after the 12th they havent been takin or returning my calls. I am confused as to the next action I should take as though the tenant has been staying in my house, I dont have a legal document in my hand to safeguard my interest as a landlord as well as the police verification is pending. If anyone has had a previous experience like this or has information kindly advise on the same. I will be obliged.

Learning

1 Replies

LegalArrow ( Advocate Bangalore)     16 January 2013

Immediately File police report , furnishing the particulars of the agent and get a fir registered stating that agent is extorting you and blackmailing you for the commission money after snatching the same by  using pysical force from your custody. it will come in aid when u file a suit for eviction agianst the said tenant. in the mean time since you are staing that the agreement is registered, u can also obtian a certified copy of thhe same from the concerned sub registrar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register