LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sheetal (Student)     11 December 2014

Non payment of aircel postpaid

I purchased a postpaid sim in chennai in april2014 and then I shifted to Bangalore. The services were stopped in April because I had exceeded the limit in roaming. The monthly charge was Rs 200. I contacted the aicel customer care to block the sim and paid the bill in June. I tried contacting the customer care to block the sim again but my number was not blocked and I kept receiving the bill each month although I had not used the services since April. Now the company has mailed me that they will file a case against me in the court. What should I do now as I have not availed the services?

Learning

10 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     11 December 2014

when you  have decided not to use the services of the concerned company, you should have drafted a letter and sent it by registered post to the concerned officer of that jurisdiction or you should have walked into the concerned office, to escalate this issue. You have done nothing of this kind, and now they are threatening you with legal consequences, better late then never ,you draft a letter narrate all the incidents and walk in to the concerned office and try to set things right once for all.

Aircel Support (Social Media Executive)     12 December 2014

Hi Sheetal, We are sorry for the experience you had. Please share your concern with your complaint number and contact details at aircelsocialmedia@aircel.co.in to help you. Warm Regards, Aircel Social Care Team

Prashant Agnihotri (Lawyer)     12 December 2014

Hi,

If you not used the service ,& got the bill from service provider. then file the complaint:

1.File the complaint before the Grievance cell of a relative company.(can file online)

2.File the complaint before consumer forum, where you purchased the SIM. with attaching the copy of Bills sent by the company & the copy of the complaint u filed before the Grievance cell of the company.

Sheetal (Student)     12 December 2014

Thank You all for helping me. I have mailed to the mail id given by the aircel support team. I will wait for their reply and will then decide which course to take. I hope this  matter resolves soon.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 December 2014

Refer to the telephonic instructions given by you and that the CCE of M/s Aircel did not issue complaint/transaction number and company did not terminate the connection that should have been done immediately (within max.7 days as per TRAI rules).. Ask the company to supply the call recordings.... or lodge police complaint, complaint with TRAI,DCDRF

Vijay   27 April 2016

Two years back I bought an aircel postpaid sim , I have lost the sim  within one month and contacted customer care and asked them to deactivate it . But they didnt deactivate it and started sending me bills for next month also. then I spoke with the customer care person about non usage bills and they have asked to settle the bill by paying first month bill alone .I also agreed with that and paid that amount (paid around 900+ rs) . now just few months back I received a call from one guy saying that Aircel have filed case against me in delhi high court for not paying rest of the amount, also threatend me that I have to pay rest of amount else I will be asked to pay fine of 25000rs. I said him that I have all mail conversation proof for the bill settlement , you can proceed whatever you want to do.

Again yesterday received call from same person (his/her  number 9250006258),  he/she(voice seems like lady) said he/she is Senthil kumar Inspector of amjikarai police station, had received a delhi high court order that I should pay rs 700 to aircel or else he would take severe action against me.

Looks like fraud call  . what should i do now ? whether to file complaint againt this call.. please advise

Vijay   27 April 2016

Two years back I bought an aircel postpaid sim , I have lost the sim  within one month and contacted customer care and asked them to deactivate it . But they didnt deactivate it and started sending me bills for next month also. then I spoke with the customer care person about non usage bills and they have asked to settle the bill by paying first month bill alone .I also agreed with that and paid that amount (paid around 900+ rs) . now just few months back I received a call from one guy saying that Aircel have filed case against me in delhi high court for not paying rest of the amount, also threatend me that I have to pay rest of amount else I will be asked to pay fine of 25000rs. I said him that I have all mail conversation proof for the bill settlement , you can proceed whatever you want to do.

Again yesterday received call from same person (his/her  number 9250006258),  he/she(voice seems like lady) said he/she is Senthil kumar Inspector of amjikarai police station, had received a delhi high court order that I should pay rs 700 to aircel or else he would take severe action against me.

Looks like fraud call  . what should i do now ? whether to file complaint againt this call.. please advise

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     27 April 2016

Purely civil nature, no element of criminality involved, so no need to worry, further call from concerned person, ask him to proceed further  and same will be dealt in court. 

Vijay   28 April 2016

Okay Sir . Thanks for your advise

Ravinder   01 January 2017

Hi Sir/Madam,

i had been used Aircel postpaid connection for internet purpose for almost 3 years and paid the bills without any delay.., since few months i have been facing the issue with connection stability and speed and i tried to call to the customer care multiple times as they were not responding properly and moreover they asked me to wait for sometime to check the issue where as the call was disconnecting after that.., it was happened to me multiple times like as above.

so i fed up with this bad unresponsive service and stopped using it and i told them to de-activate my connection several times.., they didn't do and sending monthly bills though i did not use and always their intention is to pay bills but not to solve my problem at all. now they are threatening me to get into the legal issue even though i didn't do any mistake from my end.

they are humiliating me with their calls and they don't even understand why i stopped using it, always their intention to make calls is for bill payment. when i started explain about my issue with connection the call was disconnecting and that looks rude behavior to me.

Please help me how to proceed to solve this..,

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Ravinder

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More