LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hitesh Khanna (Assistant)     11 March 2015

Nominee's right to calim for Money in Bank Account

My friends father has recently expired. As per the Bank Account details , his mother is the nominee as registered in the records of the Bank. 1.What are the documents that needs to be submitted for claiming the Amount lying in the Bank account of the decreased. Thanking you in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

Shyam praveen (practice)     11 March 2015

She needs to submit the following documents .

1.Your friend's father's death certificate,

2. Document showing Your friend's mother's relation to the deceased (like aadhar, voter ID, driving license, passport etc ).

File one set of xerox copies to the bank. Keep the originals with you (in case required, they will check with xerox copies and give the originals back to you).

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 March 2015

The claim form for deceased depositor a/c with nomination and without nomination are different.

RBI has issued guidelines ( Master Circular on Customer Services) on treatment of deceased depositor a/c with nomination and without nomination...........for accounts and lockers.......
These guidelines have statutory force and are available on website of RBI and has to be maintained on bank's website and printed version should be supplied to customer without any cost.....
Bank is bound to keep its own guidelines in line with RBI guidelines on its website and in branch too.

In a/cs which have nomination NO Indemnity, surety, witness etc is required and no threshold limit is applicable. 

KYC docs of claimant, photocpy and original to marl OSV, photograph are required.

Don't forget to obtain certified copy of each document under bank's seal and signature of BM.

Meet the BM with confidence..

Pranali Sharma   25 May 2017

Hi, In case where there is a nomination the bank will pass the proceeds to the nominee. It will first proceed to check the nomination, along with original copy of the death certificate. Other supporting documents can be aadhar card, voter ID,Driving License.
One can do  aadhar card download online Here

Aks   17 June 2017

Per RBI guidelines for death claim settlement ,Bank need to ensure identity of the nominee by ID proof such as Aadhar card, drivers license etc.

and notarised copy of original death certificate of account holder.  Besides, you will have to fill a short death clain form of the Bank.

Sometimes, they demand  indemnity bond which is not according to RBI guidelines.  I am going thru this process myself for my deceased mother's FDs

and AXIS bank ( Fort  )is demanding Indemnity bond  on Rs 500 non judicial stamp paper.   Axis Bank doesnot fiollow RBI guidelines and creates  unnecessary hurdles for the nominees.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register