LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish   25 April 2017

No transparency in company

Hi, My profile, i have 15 yrs of experiance in general insurance, i joined my last company on dec-15. But there was un-bareable politics in company. In the month of dec-16 my boss decided issue PIP (Performance improvement program for 2 persons including me). I objected because my performance was good but they issued PIP only me not other person, with un doable figures. After this i involve local HR in this issue but she was help less. My reporting boss forwarded message through local HR that i hav to accept PIP or give resignation or he will terminate me. I chose resignation. This thing i highlighted in front of Local HR, Head HR, Vertical Head, & MD. But i didnt get any single reply. Now my 15yrs career on task just because of internal politics. 7 days back i mailed MD for explanation on this case but noreply. What should i do and what options i have? Regards, Lalwani Manish 9730112211

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 April 2017

You have tendered resignation.

Focus on getting Clean Exit and get relieving letter with good comments on conduct and performance.

(Which seems to be doubtful).

(Guest)

it seems you just made known your intention to resign, but not resigned. You can't do anything except to except PIP or resign.

However for your information, PIP is a safe route for the company to terminate a person on the plea of bad performance. Better submit resignation notice without showing any resentment, rather than getting shunted out on bad performance.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 April 2017

my performance was good”

Download the PIP policy, Tgt vs performance record MIS and it might have performance record of others as well. Later you may not get as your access might be blocked.

Relate with it.

Check if as per policy and performance, PIP could be triggered against you, and others.

Hope you have copy of PIP sheet signed by you.

This sheet should bring out you are included on quantitative performance paramaters only or any other parameter say qualitative say behaviorial parameters are included.

“My reporting boss forwarded message through local HR that i hav to accept PIP or give resignation or he will terminate me

Is it in writing?

Have you minuted it in writing under proper acknowledgment?

Download all irrefutable evidences while in employment for use later,if the need be, at appropriate time in appropriate forum, to defend your interst, if you are vindicated.

Since NO respone is given, it is apparent that NO one want to be a party and/or side with you and/or act against the decision of a Boss and have decided to let you go.

Howerver the actions of Boss point to situation that you may not get clean releiivng and BGV.

Hence build irrefutable written record and evidence.The evidence(s) in your favor shall help and rescues you, later also.

If you can by your own skills, make up or trade resignation with boss and get clean relieving, BGV, do that.

Remain gentle and amiable.

Is it some private insurer or public sector?

Are you a memebr of any employees’ unions?

Have you been able to get another employment during resignation period?

Manish   28 April 2017

Dear Sir,

Is it some private insurer or public sector? : Yes its private general insurance company

Are you a memebr of any employees’ unions? : No

Have you been able to get another employment during resignation period? : Now im sitting at home, didnt get any job. I was in middle management and now interviewers are not accepting company leaving reason.

Can i file case agains previous company. I have sufficient proofs. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register