Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishore SS (Engineer)     31 December 2012

No documents for our home

Hello all,

I want to know your opinion on what I can do next.

My father bought a plot of land in 1996, sale is not registered, owner just did a notary to my father. We built a building by 1997 and ever since living in that, it's our home for last 15+ years. Sometime around 2001, we bought some more land just adjacent to our plot to extend our home, even this is not registered, just notary by owner to my father. My father is now expired, I recently realized that the first notory documents are missing, I only have documents regarding sale of extra land from adjacent plot. I am planning to apply a property loan on our home or sell it. So what should I now do to be in a position to sell it or get a loan on it. What documents should I gather. 

Will, the fact that we are living in that building for more than 15 years, carry any advantage ?
We are paying the property tax also for last 15 years.

Also what about the missing documents, my father got loans from others, in some cases keeping other property documents with lenders. But no one said they have our home documents. It's already been two years since my father expired and we settled with all the lenders who came to us. Do I have to find out with whom those documents are (if they are with some lender), or do I just need to worry about how to get new legal documents.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register