No.(1) Relating Search warrant

can a police officer search a closed place without having search warrant?
under which CrPc section? and which rank of police officer can execute that search ?

If FIR is lodged (under section 154 Cr PC), then I.O, ( whose lowest rank is sub-inspector of police) can search the accused house to arrest him, to recover or confiscate the material evidences etc, without warrant that includes without the search warrant too.

I may add further that even if the I.O. while collecting the evidence of the cognizable crime during investigation has broke open the door of the house or closed place as you have said without warrant also, then still those evidences are admissible in the court unless prove otherwise during the trial.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu