Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alphy   15 September 2017

Need new lawyer & change deposition date

I filed a civil suit through a lawyer.

But from the behavior of my lawyer it seems that he has been bought out.

So I need to change the lawyer. He gave me a deposition date next week so I asked him to postpone it & he said he cannot. But when pressed he said ok but I really don’t trust him.

I need to hire a new lawyer to take over the case but meanwhile I have following questions & I will appreciate any kind of help.

1. I am worried as to what will happen if I don’t show up & actual deposition date will pass?

2. How do I know if actual deposition date has changed or not? He has told me the case number.

3. What can I do myself to change the deposition date right now?  Please tell me step by step procedure.

4. What will happen if he has lied to me about new deposition date & I don’t show up on current deposition date?

5. Where does the deposition take place & how do I find out the time & place so I can show up if he lied to me

6. What should I say in deposition if he lied to me about the new deposition date & time?

7. Can I ask in deposition to rescheduled it if my lawyer has lied to me & If I show up just to be safe?

Thank You

Learning

2 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     15 September 2017

There is one reply to your all queries that you appear with your lawyer on the next date with request for adjournment and watch the proceeding to understand and also to get reply if your queries.

Alphy   15 September 2017

Thank you Sir but he has told me that he will change the date. So what do I do ? Still go to his office on deposition date ? And what if he says there is no deposition today & sends me back ?

And what happens if he lied & the deposition date has passed without me not showing up ?

Will really appreciate the clarification.

Thank You

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More