Need help in evicting a tenant

Hello ,

I work away from India. My mom(widow) takes care of a commerical property in Tamil nadu . I need help in evicting a tenant.. He was in our property (commercial) for 2 years.. At one stage he stopped paying rent for about 5-6 months.. when my mom keep on asking him.. he yelled at her and said that he can't  give rent and challenged my mom. 

he filed a case in consumer court stating that we are forcibly asking him to vacate using goons & police also he stated that he paid rent till now .. to support that he sent us a money order by postal for 1 month and kept the receipt but we didn't accept as we want him to vacate. He asked for a stay order to not let anyone evict him. 2 year agreement that he was on was expired long ago.

Kindly help how to defend and evict this tenant.





Retired employee.

Mr. Vighneswaran,

Please think practically.  There is no change in India and the land sharks and hungry wolves are having political garb and support of uniformed public servants.  You are happy at abroad leaving your mom to the mercy of these wolves.

Contact a good friend or relative and let the matter be handled by an honest and efficient advocate.  I believe that God fearing and  honest breed is still surviving in TN.  Let the matter be handled professionally and guidance through the forum is not helpful to you in any way as in litigation lot of facts and documentation are to be studied.


If he has been your statutory tenant then can only be evicted by following the procedure laid down in applicable rent control laws and not by filling suit for possession against him as per the latest ruling of the SC.

Thanks everyone!




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu