LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pooja   30 December 2017

Need guidance

Hello My query is my father has gone missing and has left no will. So how should I proceed. Also my brother and his wife verbally abuse my mother who is physically handicap. He does not support her finacially.My brother refuses to handover the property documents. What are my rights and my mother's rights? What legal step can my mother take? They had physically hit her and a police complain is filed against them. She wants to evict them out of the house. The flat is in my father's name. Also we have a small gala which is given on rent and the rent goes to my brother. The company I think is registered under HUF. What right do I and my mother have? Please guide as my mother is diabetic and handicap. I want her to lead a good dignified life in her old age.

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     30 December 2017

When did your father miss/leave home? Is your father a retired employee or a private employee?  do you complaint about missing of your father in Police Station? After filing of a complaint in Police Station concerned the police authorities inquire in the matter.  after completion of 7 years, you have to obtain permission from the concerned regarding his properties.  so consult an experienced local lawyer and he will guide you.

Pooja   31 December 2017

He went missing in 2008. We have filed a police complain and now they have closed the matter and have given us a "praman patra". He was a businessman.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register