Need advise for hindu boy and muslim girl marriage

Hi, I am Hindu, planning to marry Muslim girl. we informed girl's father about our love 1 year ago. He is not agreed and still waiting for his decision if he has any second thought. We are major and we are planning to get marry in next month. I requested girl to inform their parents also about our marriage proposal like we are planning get married. we both working in a private company in Hyderabad. She is edlest daugher in her family. She has two younger sisters and two younger brothers. Her dad works in a private company and her mother is House wife. My dad is retired private bank employee. I have two elder brothers and 1 younger brother. There is no objection from my family to our marriage. I see only registration marriage is possible in this situation. But what prerequisties we need to have before marriage and also safety instrutionus after marriage. Can i have any suggestions in this forum ? Thanks in Advance for suggestions.

You may consider under Special Marriage Act.

Log onto the website or visit O/o Marriage Registrar.


Try to convince parents of girl.

They may agree with time.



GO thru:

Lawyer in

The Special Marriage Act, 1954 is an Act of the Parliament of India enacted to provide a special form of marriage for the people of India and all Indian nationals in foreign countries, irrespective of the religion or faith followed by either party. So approach registrar of marriages office. 

Law Student

Hi, as mentioned above, you can have your marriage solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Few important points for you to note would be:

Before solemnization of your marriage, you need to serve a notice of your intention to marry in writing in the form specified in the Second Schedule of the act to the Marriage Officer of your district. (Where either of the parties to the marriage is residing.) Note, if you don't marry within 3 months of the notice being served, you'll have to have another notice issued.

The purpose of the above exercise is to allow someone else to make an objection to the intended marriage before the lapse of 30 days from the time of the notice being served. However, the objection will only be valid if the marriage is in contravention of any of the grounds given u/s 4 of the special marriage act. Click to check grounds.

Also note, if someone unnecessarily objects to your marriage, the court may direct them to compensate you and your spouse in the form of damages.


You can  marry without changing religion of any one under Special Marriage Act.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu