Name change procedure in kerala

My brother is working in london.he wants to change his name . Reason for the name change is with intials and its expansion the name is too long to use in foreign country documents so want to shorten it .he will be coming to kerala his hometown for 9 days? what are the procedures to do that? is his presence necessary for starting the procedure?how much time it will take to complete the procedure.?it will be helpful to get guidance on this?

If he is coming to India for only 9 days, and suppose within this time he succeeds in changing his name, then would not he needed name change in passport too. But what about his name change on the resident permit, which could only be done through the foreign office of England or London?

For avoiding future complications becoz of length of the name is he is doing this as of now he dont need to change his name in foreign documents .what are the steps in india tats i want to know

Not possible.

I didnt understand.please elaborate ??

Ms. Pmkerala, you wished a possible task in India to be over within 9 days? Though I am very familiar with the Govt office jobs done in Kerala without the unnecessary delay and the red-tapism, yet therein too, this impossible task cannot be done within 9 days. But please remember my words, ' impossible task'.

Rather saying it is impossible for completeing the procedure in 9 days .tats not my main question .i posted my question here hoping some one to help me understainding the procedures or steps to do to change the name in kerala state ? Whether his physical presence is needed to start the procedure? Please somone answer who knows what i am talking about ?

Yes His physical presence is necessary.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu