Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan Patil (Research)     15 September 2010

Murderers are disqualified in the inhertance.

According to hindu succession act murderers are disqualified from inhertance. My father died transfering 17 acres of land to my mother. My three sisters and one brother wanted share in this land. My mother is not willing to give anything to my sisters because our parents spent a lot on their marriage, my brother is not in good relation with my mother so my mother is not giveing property to my brother also. In the meanwhile I went to abroad and my mother became ill. Her symptoms are water filling in the stomach. This disease can be treated only in a big diesease. My sisters and brother did not take her to big hospital. My sisters told my mother that lot of money is required to treat the disease. My mother is not in a position to eat food and drink water but they did not show her to a specilized doctor. Finally my mother gave all her gold and money and also asked my sisters to withdraw money from her bank account. My sisters took everything but still they did not take my mother to big hospital. My mother became very serious and then due to pressure from villagers they took her to big hospital. My mother died the next day in the hospital. The death report says "the death is due to irreversible shock with septicaemia" If they would have taken my mother to hospital early mother would not have died. According to me my sisters and brother have murdered my mother. Now I have gone to court and all want their share. I want to use the law that murderers are disqualified from inheritance. How can I use this law. Property division takes place in civil court. Civil court is not concerned about murder and all that. Do I have to file and FIR and prove the murder in the criminal court and then produce that judgement to civil court.

Please help

Mohan

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register