Mother property to daughter

Sir/madam, i am hemalatha...when I was in appr 16 yrs(2006) my mother gave her house to bramhana sangam, as she requested them give back the property to me once my minority completes... But she signed in the bond saying, gifted her property to sangam (without reading the document)... Now is there any chance to get back the property to her name or else to me after these many years...

Time limit for the cancellation of gift deed is three years. Since you and your mother came to know about fraud in it by the Brahman Sangam after thirteen years. So, your mother the donor has to cancel that gift deed, but for that she shall be alive to file suit in the civil court. If so, then go ahead.

1. How your Mother acquired the property, ie. self acquired or ancestral property or Husband's property she inherited
  2. Is the deed registered?
  3. Whether the Deed mentions minor's interest?

Please reply specifically to the above and upload the Gift Deed if it is in English.

Lawyer in Hyderabad.Email:ramachary64@gmail.com

If the Brahman sangam is not taking care of the donor, then she can file a petition to take back the property through courts as per the law of Maintenance and welfare of senior citizens Act, 2007 provisions.

Dear friend Rama chary Rachakonda, the problem is that the Brahman Sangam have not honoured their promise to the donor mother that they would give back the property to her daughter after she attains the adulthood. Instead they have altered the promise on record that the mother has gifted her property to the Brahman Sangam. So, now adult daughter after 13 years wanted that either that property be returned back to her mother or to her.

Om Prakash, well explained.

Om Prakash, well explained.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu