Money Lending Licence @ Mumbai, Maharashtra

Dear Ld.Seniors and friends

I want to start a Pvt Ltd Company for conducting a business of Micro Finance, I wnat to know what is the procedure to obtain a Money Lending Licence and who has the authority to Grant such licence, for Maharashtra and Gujrat.

Q.1 Authority that can grant a Money Lending Licence.?

Q.2 Documents required for the said licence.?

Q.3 Is such licence is valid in multiple states.?

Pls reply as soon as Posible,

Thanking you all in anticipation.


not easy job dear.

in every state fresh registration needed.


I completely agree to you sir, that it is not an easy job, but sir these days nothing is easy, I want to still try it.:-)

Reply Mumbai : 9820174108

1.  A registered Pvt. Ltd. company having proper MOA &  AOA pertaining to business of borrowing and lending, should be compulsorily be registered with Registrar of Companies.

2.  A Pvt. Ltd. company desirous  of doing finance business, must mandatorily take Licence (Certificate) from Reserve Bank of India u/s 45 of the RBI Act.  This is valid and applicable for whole of India.

3. However, apart from above, a further  "money lending licence"  is to be obtained from  "each & every"  State, where money lending business is proposed to be conducted.  In Maharashtra, the dept of Cooperatives is entrusted for granting of such  "money lending licence" .

4.  Mandatory documents like MOA, AOA, Company Incorporation certificate, PAN card, S&E license and others are required to obtain licence & conduct business of finance.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal


NBF'c is also an option


Can individual apply for it?

yes individual can apply it but as a propriter better take money lending license because for registration of nbfc there should be a minimum net paid capital of the company must be 100 cr. as per rbi guidelines


Hello Sir 

where should I apply for Money Lenidng Licence ?

I m from Bhavnagar - Gujarat , 

so should I apply local registrar or local authority or RBI ?

Pls guide and help me out

Jigs Thakkar 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu