Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gopikagupta   05 February 2015

Membership and rcs

Hello

I purchased a flat in CGHS in 2013 and last year in September I filled an application for transfer of share in my name. However the Secretary (also the builder) did not respond to my application. After waiting for two months I filled an appeal in RCS for transfer of membership. Now after 3 months of filling an appeal with RCS I have rceived a letter from RCS to appear before the court of Asst Registrar to answer the with all material, question/points related to the appeal.

I have come to know that the Asst Registrar is well known to the Secretary and does all work in his favour only and the secretary does not wish to transfer the membership in my name due to some reasons with previous member.

I have following queries:

1. Should I appear before the court myself or with a lawyer?

2. If membership is not transferred or cancelled can it affect my property (in the sense can they cancel my flat)?

3. If I do not want to proceed further with this notice can I choose not to appear or file an application that I do not want to become a member?

Regards

Gopika

Learning

3 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     06 February 2015

Apperar as advised,lest it may go against you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 February 2015

In your own interest, you may appear before the court either in person or through a lawyer and register your protest as well as your reasons for the appeal and get the remedy exhausted here after which you can approach the civil court for actual remedy.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 February 2015

Dr. Gopika Gupta,

I think your husband Mr. Gupta met me yesterday in my chamber and discussed the issue personally, isn't it?

Attend the meeting in RCS and take membership, it is your right to have it till the time you are not reselling the flat for proceeding abroad.

Best wishes,

Dr. (Major) J C Vashista, Advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More