Member not paying maintenance in Society

There are few members of society ( Ours is Apartments and not Hsg Society) do not bother to give the maitenance chared. What legal action can be taken against them? We can not stop them using water, or other amenities since it sounds illegal (but I am not sure). Can we send complaint to cahrity commisioner?

Please suggest.




In the given matter apartment officials are well within their legal right to claim maintenance charges. First serve legal notice to defaulters and then either make complaint to commissioner as you mentioned or may even file a suit for recovery with cost.

My society has not yet formed we pay maintence to builder ..After paying my 1st maintenence I noticed leakage in walls of my flat.So I told builder to repair it which he is not ready repair it.So what should I do ? Should I pay him maintenence charge or not ?

I told him repair the wall and give me then I will pay you maintenence charge which he is not ready.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu