Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANJAY (MGR)     23 April 2014

Married daughter share

Hello sir,

I am asking on behalf of my wife. 

My wife has a younger brother who is also married now.My wife's parents are alive .

My wife's parents are very much biased towrds their son. They had given all their ancestral property to their son and not to their daughter (my wife).

They had all nominees in Shares, Fixed deposits, Bank accounts in their son's name and nothing in my wife's name.More than 95% of their property which was earned by them was given to their son but for their daughter (my wife) was just less than 5%.

Even now, their monthly earnings are being given to their son for purchasing lands, flats etc.,

My wife's mother had promised my wife verbally few months back, that she would give 50%-50% share of their property, but now her both parents are saying that she cannot give even 1 % of their property.

My wife's parents  warned my wife that she cannot claim property as per legal. They dared her if she moves to court.

As per my wife's  family rules what her parents say is, only male gets 95% share and female gets minimum only.

My wife is very upset and not happy of the biasing behaviour of her parents for giving away maximum property to their son, developing him and his married family , but let down my wife, only because she is a girl.

She wants to go for legal path to get 50% share in her parents as well as her ancestral property.

Can any legal experts provide me valuable advice?

Thanks for reply..

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 April 2014

The parents can give away their self earned property to anyone in their life time time to anyone as they please.

If they do not give away and do not leave any WILL she can stake her claim for equal share after their death.

She may succeed to claim share from ancestral property.

For that you may consult a local lawyer dealing in such cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More