LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vai123   18 January 2016

Marriage registration

According to rules of Marriage registration, an individual needs to register marriage.

I visited for marriage registration at local ward office immediately after 7 days of marriage. However the officers after giving the form told that dates will be alloted only next month between 1- 8th and that also the date will be alloted for april 2016. Also will have to pay.penalty of late fee for registration which i think is not justified.

When all registrations are mandatory, why such delay in registration?

Learning

5 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     18 January 2016

i don't know how you are saying like that, visit to your areas sub -registrar office, you will get the printed marriage registration form from the vendor fill that form in two sets, attach your marriage card, id and address proof of yours both, your individual photographs, yours sign on form, id of two witnesses & their signs on the registration form, name and sign of the priest,take form, your wife and witness with you and visit the marriage registration office, on the same day your marriage registration will be done, if they refuges then immediately complain to ADM/DM of your district.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 January 2016

A marriage which has already been solemnised can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or where they have converted into any of these religions. Where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs, the marriage is registered under The Special Marriage Act, 1954

Princess   24 January 2016

One of my friend had married in arya samaj mandir in last year 2014 Feb with two witnesses from girl and boy and with out parents there parents did not no any thing marriage regarding marriage now girl want to be separate from that guy boy is in abroad they r living separate from each other ! The girls want to know this is marriage is valid ? Is she have to file divorce from that guy

(Guest)

@ Vai123. 

My experience says don't argue with Donkeys and Govt officers . For intellegenet person it is waste of time. In one leading news paper in marathi some survey was conducted and found 40% of Govt officers are not competent for the post , they don't know rules , regulation nor even act under which dept works they only work hay way and create caos. If at all have some problem instead of refering acts /rules they prerfer to ask other donkey. I have come accross people who have spend whole life in Municipal corporation  but have not read even Municipal act once or even idex of section of that act. And they seat on table . 

@ Princess 

2 days back only I was reading and trying to help some complication. 
Under any circumstances your friend have to approach Court and take divorce or there will be big problem , already such list is big and no one knows what to do , if further complication takes place. If boy and girl are both willing to separate then file for divorce with mutual concent . If things goes well you get decree in 10 months time 

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     07 August 2016

agreed with expert opinion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register