LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abc   01 February 2018

Marriage based on lie

What to do if before marriage a girl's family is told about so many lies? 1)During first meeting when boy nd girl was given time to talk, girl told boy about her past of unsuccessful engagement, and when asked same from him ,the boy refused about any relationship,but later on after 2 month of marriage the truth reveled about affair of husband with married lady which remained near about 3-4 months when husband accepted and stopped it then the girl forget and forgive him, But on the same day she came to know about two more lies which were about age and consuming alcohol. Girl specialy asked on the first day of meeting whether the guy drink or not ,again he refused,actually after marriage he continued drinking in small amount which confused wife and always were in doubt about boy drinking ,but after two months ,when husband came late night over drunk and made everything clear. And when this truth reveled ,his amount of alcohol is increasing without a gap for 7 months,comes late night,but never use any abusive language for his wife,morning he behaves like nothing happened previous night, for girl it's not acceptable at any cost as he drink and drive also and playing with his health and life.7months has been over by giving one -one month to stop alcohol. Another lie was about age ,according to boy family ,both age difference was 4 months,but in actual it is 6 years. The girl is ready to forget everything except alchohal ,bcoz it's not good for health, already told by wife to go take doctor help but not willing to leave alchohal... husband and his family otherwise nice.please suggest what to do,bcoz wife don't want to spend whole life with alcoholic husband???

Learning

6 Replies

Democratic Indian (n/a)     01 February 2018

Originally posted by : Abc
The girl is ready to forget everything except alchohal ,bcoz it's not good for health, already told by wife to go take doctor help but not willing to leave alchohal... husband and his family otherwise nice.please suggest what to do,bcoz wife don't want to spend whole life with alcoholic husband???

As per my understanding from what you say, the girl is willing to live with husband if he gives up habbit of drinking alcohol but not willing to live with him if he does not give up drinking alcohol. You may do the following -

1. Let your parents discuss this matter with the parents, brothers, sisters of the husband to convince him to give up alcohol.

2. If they are unable to convince him to give up alcohol, go for amicable mutual divorce. If husband not willing for mutual divorce you will have go for contested divorce. For detailed strategy, you can sit with any experienced advocate dealing with divorce cases and proceed as per his or her guidance.

Abc   01 February 2018

Thanku for valuable guidance, already telephonically both parents and boy with girl parents has conversed,he says if my mother has failed to stop me from consuming alchohal ,then girl parents can't do anything, he will stop himself,but during 6-7months no sign to reduce alcohol has been found.

Abc   01 February 2018

Thanku for valuable guidance, already telephonically both parents and boy with girl parents has conversed,he says if my mother has failed to stop me from consuming alchohal ,then girl parents can't do anything, he will stop himself,but during 6-7months no sign to reduce alcohol has been found.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 February 2018

Marriage is like surfing a rough tide in the ocean, and to make it a blisfull marriage you need sacrifice, patience, understnding and sympathy etc for one another. The experts above have spoken well, but you also need to note this. You are lucky that your husband is not cruel towrds you or to others, that means he is a sober drinker or say a social drinker, and may change his drinking habits. There are some man who do't drink but at slight mistake of the wife will start beating his wife or even by minor provocation. Just be patience and treat your husbnd with love and understanding and let him understand the evil of drinking etc.Rest the experts have spoken.

Abc   02 February 2018

It's difficult to be patience when husband return home late and fully drunk nd behave like funny person and it's only this time when wife has to discuss so many things about life or other matters bcoz during day telephonically everything can't be discussed ,sometimes wife is busy or sometimes husband ...but still I will try to follow ur valuable suggestion as even I don't want to loose him,thanku so much sir

test123   04 February 2018

Looks like you made up your mind with divorce .. that's why you came to this forum.... No lawyers will tell you to live with him... If you divorce now.. you will be divorce and next husband you going to get is divorce also.. much bigger problem ..... What's the chances your next husband will will be loyal.. You digging holes for your future

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register