Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karan (Engineer)     02 September 2015

Marriage affidavit

hi experts,

wife left me and my daughter and we don't want her to bring back either. Now for passport reissue PSK office asking for marriage affidavit and also want my wife to be present there when appoinment is schedule. What shoul I do now, I don't want my wife to come back for any reason and I can't take her to passport office and she will not be cooperating on this. Can I give the details to PSK officer about my marrital dispute?? Please suggest. thanks.

Br//Karan

Learning

1 Replies

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     02 September 2015

It has been quite often observed by passport authorities that passport applicants have not been giving correct information in respect of any criminal case is pending and are obtaining passport fraudulently.  Authorities are also facing problem to bring back the errant spouse from abroad in some criminal matrimonial disputes.  Quite often, NRIs are avoiding to receive court notices under S.125 cr.p.c. and S. 498-A and evade to appear courts.To avoid this, the passport authorities are asking the marital status and also wife's statement that there is no matrimonial dispute.  So, to get your passport either you have to do what PSK official says or to convince him those formalities are not required in your case.  If you want to go to HC against PSK officer's conditions as unreasonable, it is difficult for you to get any relief.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register