Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep   27 June 2017

Market value higher than guidance value

Hi,

I'm in talks with a seller of a land in my town that I'm interested to buy. The guideline value for that property is around 7L, but the market value is almost 4xGV (around 28L). I want to buy the property with full white money even if it costs more stamp duty, but the seller is not ready to register the sale at the market value. He wants to register at the GV so that he can save on his capital gains. Unfortunately, the sub-registrar is also not that co-operative in registering the land at the market value. He also hints at registering at a lower value as almost every transaction happens only that way. I hate the fact that even govt officials are not helping people to follow the rules. Now I'm in a dilemma on whether to forego this sale or buy it at the market value but register at GV. If I go with latter option, I will have to find ways to convert my white into black now and face some consequences in future when I sell the land. Now that govt is streamlining lot of policies, I suppose all registration will happen at the actual transaction value in the future. If thats the case, then I'll be in trouble.

Need some advice on how common is it carry out such transaction and how people are dealing with it.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 June 2017

If you an agreement to sell @ MV (registered) then approach a local senior and very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/civil matters.

Register the agreement to sell in future.

Or look for another property.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 June 2017

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals. It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able local senior counsel unshakable repute and integrity  specializing in revenue/property/civil matters before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.

naresh A Mr. (Others)     01 July 2017

This seems to be a logic based question rather than a legal question. Logically the very act of demontization was to weed out the black money.....and so most people will not be having that much 21L of black money to buy that land....except some  who run businesses etc. But there is no logic in converting your white money to black to buy such a property and help such black money hoarders.....and your apprehensions are correct.....we dont know what the future holds for property transactions. So better look for some other property where you can buy the entire land in white or even some flat etc. Thats just my opinion and feeling. All the best. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More