Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Signature Handmade   22 September 2015

Manufacturing licence for handmade soaps

Hello Experts / Lawyers,

I am new to the forum and have read thru few threads as well. I am seeking help/guidance for my 'Startup' making eco-friendly handmade soaps.

Briefly on handmade soap's manufacturing process: Handmade soaps are made using either Hot or Cold Process methods. Either of these methods basically are based on the humble "Sapanification" process which is resultant of mixing an alkalie with fats/oils. Once this process is complete, the soap bars are cut out and let to cure for several weeks before they are packed and ready for use. This process does not need any other chemicals (other than alkalies) or machinery (all hand made & hand cut) or does release any pollutants into the drain or create any noise pollution or does need any chemistry background to create new soap variants.

I have registered the company as Proprietorship owned and want to have our soaps sold across counter in shops. For this we need to have the manufacturing licence # on the product label. I have got pre-requisites for this licence & thats going to be detramental for me to get it - such as secific dimension work space, doctor on panel, chemistry major degree holder. For the soaps, i am making they are completely natural ingredients (but for alkalie used) and the resulting products are 100% environment friendly.

Is there any specific section or rule in the Cosmetics category for such handmade organic/natural soaps  that will enable me with the licence to manufacture such eco-friendly products.

Any help in this regard, will be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards, Vidya

Learning

1 Replies

Signature Handmade   22 September 2015

If not a manufacturing licence, what else will enable me to sell my soaps - legally !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register