Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Khanna   20 February 2018

Maintenance demand only to cause financial loss to husband?

Hello Sir & Madam. My wife has filed divorce petition against me as after filing it, she called me and told me agree to it and told me the next date and to come to court. I have not got court notice of the case and I told her I would come when I get notice and not when she just asks me to. She asked me to check court website. So I checked court website for her name and it is correct and the next date is shown.

Before her divorce case, I had made police complaint against her brother when he had come to my home and threatened me (she had left already some days before that). But police had done nothing. After she called me to tell about divorce case, I filed an RTI to police asking about the enquiry done on my complaint. I think the police called her brother after my RTI. She called me up and abused me a lot and said earlier she did not need my money but now she'll financially ruin me from maintenance. I have a recording of this call. Is there any court decision which says that she was living without maintenance for almost one year and now she's only asking for maintenance to harm me financially as she has spoken, she should not be given maintenance?

She was working before marriage but now, I have no idea if or where she is working and I cannot prove she is working.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 February 2018

Maintenance shall be granted by court on facts, merits.

Let the spouse submit to court about income from all sources.

In the meantime gather evidence of your income, liabilities!

If possible close the matter by MCD on terms suitable to both spouses.

Approach a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family matters and having successful track record….

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register