Mact details and procedure.

My dad passed away in a accident on 2004. I was 6 at that time. My mom through a laywer filed a case on 2005 January. My elder sister got her compensation money when she turned 18 right away and so did my mom. When I turned Major we contacted out lawyer to appeal for the compensation. it was after a year I turned 18. He said the procedures have changed and asked us 20000 Rs. and told us that it will take just 15 days for us to receive the money on October of 2016. It has been over 9 months and still he is saying the same. Last week the court called us and the judge signed the petition. And the lawyer still says that it will take a month. When we asked the office staff whether the application of us has came to the office that day, they said us to ask the lawyer to meet them but the lawyer said that he has already sent it. Me and my mom are totally novice when it comes to these things. I don't know what to do or where to go regarding this issue. Someone please help me regarding this. I will answer questions regarding this. Thank you!


General practice in Silvassa court where i practice is that Motor Accident Claim Tribunal orders family members of deceased to create fixed deposit till minor attains 18 years and after that they are automatically allowed to withdraw it. but, if they have to withdraw before 18 they have to take the permission of court.

depending upon the work which court has, it takes time. it is better you can cross check by consulting other good lawyer about the procedure adopted in the court from where you have to obtain the money.


When we asked another lawyer he said, it doesnt take more than a week. our lawyer keeps saying it will take a month. And is it necessary for the lawyer to ask for the money before moving the file? He said he needed 20000Rs for the office works.


You can get the petition inspected by filing necessary application for inspection for ascertaining the status and proceedings. 


What is the procedure to do it? Im completely novice when it comes to these issues.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu