LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guruprasad   17 April 2016

MCD Registration at Registrar Of Marriages

Hi.. I was married in Aug 2014. My Wife is having some psychological disorder, even before marriage. Knowing this, I felt like cheated and want to get separate from her. We have not applied for 'Marriage Certificate', so far, and are living separate since last April (i.e., April 2015). After a series of discussions between our family members, my Wife's family has agreed for a 'Mutual Consent Divorce (MCD)', against a One-time settlement of lumpsum amount. My questions are : 1. Can I register our MCD petition at the Registrar Of Marriages? Are there any hidden legal issues in doing so..?? 2. Even after registering, is it mandatory to file the same at a Family Court? 3. If my MCD is registered at the Registrar Of Marriages, can I re-marry, any girl of my choice? How many days I have to wait for re-marriage? 4. What will be the approximate cost of registration of MCD petition at the Registrar Of Marriages, and how long will it take to get the same document registered?

Learning

1 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 April 2016

You don't go for divorce by mutual consent proceedings in the office of registrar of marriages but to Family Court. Which stupid person suggested you to go to registrar office for all this? Better engage a divorce lawyer for the complete process that will. Be completed in not less than 6 months period. As far payment of lump sum amount is concerned do that at the time of final hearing after 6 months not at the time of filling for divorce proceedings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register