LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Awesome (yet to get)     18 June 2011

Lok adalat for telephone bill

I have got a phone call from lok adalat regarding attending it for unsettled telephone bill of idea cellular.I have left the city and unable to attend the court.I got phone call from Lawyer stating that company is asking for 12000 for a bill of 1900 rs.What should i do ? i am unable to arrange anyone to attend on my behalf as well.What if i dont attend ?

Learning

6 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     18 June 2011

if you not attend the lok adalat, then the cellular service make criminal action against you, either you engaged a lawyer or on be half you, and settle the amount as amicably 

jeetendra patel (lawyer)     18 June 2011

You can always resists the settelement for an arbitrary sum., if you are really not liable to pay to the company .Since it is the civil nature of dispute you can put your say by contesting the matter. No need to worry of any criminal action.Dont be panic. Ejoy your outing.

sripartha (advocate )     26 June 2011

mr. Awesome, do not worry about legal aid, that court does not have power to arrest you give you any type of  punishment, and tell telephone companies do not go to regular court because they have to pay lots of court fees and they case may drag even to 10 years , do not worry and  leave the matter as such and go further with other works, advocate Sripartha.

Awesome (yet to get)     26 June 2011

Thank you for your advice.I am relieved.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 June 2011

The phone call you have mentioned is certainly by Idea Cellular staff and not from Lok Adalat. Have you received any notice from Lok Adalat.

In Lok Adalat also both the parties make their representation.A Bill of Rs.1900/- can not become Rs.12000/.

Company shalll have to produce documnets in which you have given your consent to pay late fees and agreed amount if interest if any.

Have you received any bill showing dues of Rs.12000/-.

If you had lodged  any complaints with the company complile them and make an issue, and settle the bill for less than Rs.1900/. Hope you have not supplied your PAN card copy, and it si not required to be submitted.

Obtain acceptance/settlemnet letter/NOC from company and a declaration that they shall be withdrawing the case from lok adalat and credit rating agency if any, submit a certified copy issued by them to you.

Kannan ( )     18 March 2013

I have received a lok adalat from BSNL stating that I need to attend for lok adalat on coming Friday 22/03/13. but I plan to pay the bill on tomorrow so If I pay it on tomorrow in BSNL office/collection centers means then Do I need to attend lok adalat on coming Friday.

Thanks,

Kannan S

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register