LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sekar   28 August 2015

Litigations after sale deed

My grandma gave me power of attorney pertaining to her self-earned property (house) . I used the same and got the house registered through sale deed on my mother's name. The sale deed & power of attorney were both registered at registrar office.

Now I want to know whether any of her children (grandma children or grandchildren) can claim share on this house (viz registered on my mother's name).The house was not ancestral house. 

Location of house : Guntur City (Andhra Pradesh)

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 August 2015

Why are you apprehensive? If you post the facts you will get better response.

Registered deed fetches more reliance.

Until or unless someone proves that she signed under some coercion, the POA and sale deed may not be cancelled.

You may wait for the advise of other experts/members.

Sekar   29 August 2015

Thank you. We are afraid of my grandma children. The fear is only whether they can claim share in her self earned property.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 August 2015

Please avoid duplicate posting with same information.  You have received some opinions on same post.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 August 2015

No need to worry. A sale deed acts as the main legal document for evidencing sale and transfer of ownership of property in favour of the buyer, from the seller. Further, it also acts as the main document for further sale by the buyer as it establishes his proof of ownership of the property.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     29 August 2015

Nobody can claim.  The sale is conclusive.  Stick up to only one thread intead of multiple threads.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register