LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rina (sw engineer)     21 October 2012

Legality of live in relations

I am a working wife.My husband wants to have a live-in relationship with another unmarried girl .He is trying to convince me to accept their relations.My husband and that girl assumed that they are married.In reality they are not married.We three are staying in same house ~2 years.I know that girl .so i allowed her to stay with us and promise her in her study and job care.
?
If i dont accept their relation,he gave me warning for divorce and marry with that girl. I am in dilemma what to do ? Is this relation legal ?   will police complain help me here as i dont want divorce ?

I dont have any kid now but my husband want a child from me also. Is there any legal remedy to remove for that girl ? Please suggest me.

Learning

24 Replies

RAHUL KANSAL 9041629676 (ADVOCATE)     21 October 2012

helloo rina,

i have read your problem and such kind of relation is in no way legal and if your husband threats you to live in such condition the i dont think there is any meaning of such relation and you should not bear such kind of torcher and try to convince him once more if there is no results then think further....!

Ranee....... (NA)     21 October 2012

No Live in relation of a married person is not legal according to Supreme Court.

Why are you allowing the girl to stay at your place?Inform her parents and tell them to take her away.

Do some SPY work on them .Keep photographs/vdo of their intimate moments without their knowledge which will be very helpful to you.About divorce , don't worry it is not so easy.

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     21 October 2012

WHAT Her relationship is THAT YOU KNOW  THEN you can proceed against him for adultery also. file police complAINT ANT THEN MOVE TO COURT,  AND IF YOU ARE KEEPING HER IN YOUR HOUSE THAT MEANS YOU ARE ACCEPTING HER RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR HUSBAND WHICH I THINK SO NO OTHER WOMEN CAN BEAR SUCH THING. YHEN Y ARE U ?. IMMEDIATELY TAKE STEPS IN THIS REGARD OTHERWISE HE WILL OUST YOU FORCIBLY THOUGH YOU HAVE ALL LEGAL RIGHTS AGAINST HIM BUT YOU MAY LOSE HIS COMPANY . THINK FAST AND TAKE ACTION

1 Like

Akshi (Manager)     21 October 2012

Hi Rina,

I am in a situation of that girl. I have been married to this guy in a temple. This guy lied to me of having no relationship with his wife and got me into this relationship. Now, he has cheated me. I am thinking of filing a criminal case against this guy of abusing me physically, socially and mentally

RAHUL KANSAL 9041629676 (ADVOCATE)     21 October 2012

helloo akshi,

i want to know did you know the previous relation of your husband because if you have knowledge of the previous relations of your husband then you cant file complaint moreover his first wife can file a criminal complaint against both of you.

Akshi, now you know that he is really a cheater.If he has not divorced his first wife before your marriage and if he is hindu then your marriage is void with him.His wife can sue him for bigamy.You should have inquired about his first wife before getting married.Fault is not his only.

I always have objection of their relationship.Just one month back i slapped that girl by hand and leg.I reported her old father not to her brothers n sisters or other relative thinking that if i spread openly it may harm her life since i believe whatever she is doing is wrong.I requested and then told her to go back to her house.But outcome of this quarrel are my husband and she went out and stay separately without me for 1 week and then they came back.Both of them told me how can trash her ? I should not beat .My husband and that girl told me that they can do police complain against me for abusing and torturing them.They say they are 18+ so they can do anythings. 

Please advice what is legal .Am i wrong thrashing her after lots of discussion ?

Will family councelling help here ? Please suggest me a good lawyer from bangalore.

(Guest)

you and husband's relation is legal.

tell her to get out or tell husband you will file cases if they do so again.

or teach him a lesson by your brother's if you have.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     21 October 2012

@ Rina

Being S/w eng. as it says under your membership (or even read as working wife) it is not that you are un-educated housewife from a village not to know the triangle story of your livingroom to bedroom with an unmarried girl living 24x7 from last 2 years who is not even relative to you or to your husband to have been allowed living in your matrimonial home that aslo from last 2 years. 2 years is not like last 48 hrs. or last 2 months for any prudent mind.

Since last 2 years you allowed with wide open eyes such relationships to develop so live with it unless you want divorce from your husband which you say you objected to his relationship only from last 1 month. It is like crying fox now.  Even if you apply for maintenenace / divorce / bigamy your share will further get split to 25% as this girl will compete with you for her 2 years long livein share as per law. You and this girl will compete equaly on right to residence too.

Keep handy replies when Magistrate asks you did you know what was happening in your living room sofa from last 2 years and are they legaly married and inspite of living from last 2 years do you have proof of their closeness / vulnerability compromise positions?

These are normal in metros if wife is un-responsive to husbands needs and does not object at the very first instance being educated working wife. Keeping quite for 2 long years means you have accepted the relationship. Best is to ask husband for your equal space in this triangle so that your marriage remains saved.  Anyhow it is not that from last 2 years his relatives and your relatives donot know status of this unmarried girl in your matrimonial home. If he marries her then charges of bigamy gets attracted before that nothing and if you disturb this relationship more then this girl is having on ground of live-in for 2 years she can ask residence as well as maintenance from yoru husband which means your legal share gets more cut.

Have you got yourself checked for infertility?

I would suggest live with it now as keeping two women in home is not un-heard of in Indian culture when initially first wife agreed and didn’t object that is 2 years back.

So see totality and act smartly.

---------------------------------------------
@ Akshi,

For you legal remedy is available. Hire an advocate from reference or via databse search of LCI.

Thanks for all Inputs from everyone special thanks to Tajobsindia,whose views matches with my thoughts.

I have already choosen my path to act.It was true it was my mistake to allow that girl to my house.Now if i repent also i wont get anythings even if i fight.That is the reason i am unable to share my issue with family,friends,relatives,in-laws.

I have all the proofs between my husband and that girl but final gain is just fight n fight till end of life.As per law may be they will be punished max 7 years if found genuine.But what after 7 years ....

Now there is no way i can save my relation if my husband is not with me mentally.It doenot matter if such 3rd party is at ur home or somewhere else.Even our law is not enough to solve such cases if a person doesnot understand his or her mistake and responsibility.

I just bring notice to this forum so that every person should learn something from my case how dangerous could be some 3rd party to your peaceful life.3rd party may be your relative ,just friends or some family friends.

Then ultimately what you decided?Divorce or compromise?

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     21 October 2012

Originally posted by : Tajobsindia

Have you got yourself checked for infertility?

kya larki ne kaha ki wo infertile hai,ki aap uspe laanchhan laga rahe ho??

I would suggest live with it now as keeping two women in home is not un-heard of in Indian culture when initially first wife agreed and didn’t object that is 2 years back.

please dont ask the lady to follow ancient indian custom of 2 wives.it's no more prevalent now.have some mercy upon her.

So see totality and act smartly.

u r asking her to be a doormat,as is evident from ur abv. lines,yet you say "act smartly".

@Tajobsindia,

These are normal in metros if wife is un-responsive to husbands needs and does not object at the very first instance being educated working wife.

you mean to say husband has no fault?

How this query is connected to Infertility?This lady is already much tensed and frustrated...then if you put this type of question then what she wud feel?

I willnot decide for divorce but not exactly compromise also as it is not going to heal my pain.I will follow ancient rule from Krishna avatar one with legal marriage and one with livein relationship (I will inform  every relatives from that girl house).I just want to see what how long they are going to tolerate such relations.If they marry then i go for legal complain. But offcourse i will inform police about this. I dont have hope on police and law to save me. But being educated i should not hide such thing from legal authority.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register