LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridharan (Inspector of Central Excise)     03 November 2016

Legal heirship certificate

My father had expired without a will.  He has a house property in the city of chennai in which we are still living and he passed away in that house.  I am staying along with my mother in the house.  I have 2 sister and one brother, all elder to me, and they are living seperately.  One of my sister is in aborad.  Now, can I apply for legal heirship certificate with my jurisdictional thasildar.  will there by any impediment since all my siblings are staying seperately(outisde the jurisdiction of my Thasildhar) and one of them staying aborad. 

Learning

10 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     03 November 2016

Yes you can make application to local tahsildar for legal heir certificate.

Chandan   03 November 2016

My father was in BSF during his duty he died by illness in 1996. Then his pension was taken by my mother but she died in 2015 we are trying to get the family pension and we had submitted many of the document. Now BSF was answers that during our fathers job he had not maid the nominee to me and my little sister accept my mother. So to fulfill BSF requirement we have to prove that we are the nominee of our parents so we have to produce dependent certificate from Tehsil Karyalaya, Jila Karyalay . I had given an application to the collector office but he has not respond and said that we have to produce the certificate from the Civil Court but we have not much money to produce this succession certificate please suggest if any alternate process to produce this certificate.

Chandan   03 November 2016

My father was in BSF during his duty he died by illness in 1996. Then his pension was taken by my mother but she died in 2015 we are trying to get the family pension and we had submitted many of the document. Now BSF was answers that during our fathers job he had not maid the nominee to me and my little sister accept my mother. So to fulfill BSF requirement we have to prove that we are the nominee of our parents so we have to produce dependent certificate from Tehsil Karyalaya, Jila Karyalay . I had given an application to the collector office but he has not respond and said that we have to produce the certificate from the Civil Court but we have not much money to produce this succession certificate please suggest if any alternate process to produce this certificate.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     04 November 2016

yes you apprach local Tahsildar office and get it done

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     04 November 2016

Its better you take a relinquishment deed from your siblings and get legal heir certificate from local Tehsilddar and also producing your father's death certificate and Legal heir certificate get the property mutated in your name in the revenue records. If you ap0preciate this answer please click the thank you button on this forum.

Chandan   06 November 2016

Thank very much for this reply we had already summitted the document for dependent certificate to collector office. But they was not respond for this . Please suggest if you any suggestions.

Chandan   06 November 2016

Please tell me what is the fees taken for this certificate. And what is the difference between succession certificate and legal heir certificate

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 November 2016

@ Sridharan,

The tehsildar issues Legal Heir Certificate after verification report by revenue officials.

The report can include every legal heir.

@ Chandan,

The Tehsildar issues Legal Heir Certificate after verification report by revenue officials.

Your father's family details i.e wife,sons anddaughters must be available with BSF.

The dependant certificate might be issued by: 

Commandant,

Suvidha Center/Tehsil Karyalaya/Jila Karyalay

Distt. Magistrate

Seek help from soem experienced Ex-service man, your local councillor,elected representative......

https://certificates-affidavits.com/certificate-of-dependence-on-militarydefenceparamilitary-personnel/

https://amritsar.nic.in/html/suwidha_service_dependent.htm

https://kupwara.gov.in/services_revenue_dependent.htm

https://chdservices.gov.in/Forms/InputForm_Dependent_24Sep2015v1.1.pdf

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register